Tell us how the arts have contributed to your personal health, wellness and healing.
Whether it is painting, drawing, writing, performing, dancing or any other creative pursuit, we ask that you share your personal story and let us know how participating in the arts has benefited your health.
Submitting your story is as simple as sending us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select stories will be scheduled for publication as part of our Reflection series. The Reflection series provides an opportunity for individuals to reflect on and publicly share their stories of how the arts have contributed to their own personal health, healing and wellness.
Please bear in mind the following guidelines:
- Stories must be true and those of the author’s personal (first-person) experience. Where the author is not writing about direct, personal experience, then written permission from the subject(s) should be submitted along with the story.
- If in written format, stories should be maximum 750 words and ideally should be accompanied by relevant visuals, videos and illustrations. Submissions may be made as jpgs, tiffs, pdfs, and mp3s. Videos must be hosted on an external platform (such as Vimeo or Youtube) to be accepted.
- By submitting a story, you are giving permission to AHNC to use the submitted material and any accompanying visuals, with appropriate credits, in materials used by AHNC to promote arts and health initiatives, fundraising purposes, and other educational/promotional purposes, etc.
- There is no payment or honorarium for submissions or AHNC’s use of the stories on its website.
- Contributors are welcome to change their name and/or the names of others to protect identity
- As the author you are responsible for ensuring that any other rights or usage agreements (for example, photos or videos having other usage contracts) in the Reflections submission will not be contravened by being displayed on our website. Arts Health Network Canada and its partners and affiliates assume no liability for any intellectual property infringement of your submission or any items related to your submission.
- The Reflections series is intended to bring awareness to the individual benefits of arts for health, healing and wellness purposes. It is not intended to be a platform for the promotion of individual business interests.